Our Favorite Top 10 Reasons to Retire in Mexico
There are many top 10 lists on why you should retire in Mexico, but the truth is there are too many reasons to list. It is paradise, plain and simple, but what other benefits are there to retiring in Mexico? Here are some of our favorites:
- In the Riviera Maya, we need to mention the Caribbean ocean with the world’s most beautiful white sand beaches and turquoise water, along with warm weather all year around, these factors will affect your ability to slow down and relax.
- Mexico is close to home; it is within close proximity to Canada and the US making visiting and maintaining friend and family ties back home easy, meanwhile forming new connections in Mexico.
- Thriving expat communities, if you are still perfecting your Spanish the Riviera Maya is for you, there are many English-speaking expats, businesses, and service providers available to make you feel right at home.
- World class affordable health care, dental and medical appointments, specialist, surgeries, and medications are much less in Mexico, often costing about 25% of what it does in the U.S. or Canada, without compromising quality. Clinics and hospitals are equipped with the latest technology and wait times are minimal, in many cases same day appointments and treatments are available. Imagine a doctor that still makes house calls.
- Real Estate Developments especially designed for expat retirees, including all the amenities, social events, and security. Developers are catering to expat communities in Mexico creating residences with all the comforts of home and more.
- Being a homeowner in Mexico means lower property taxes and minimal Homeowner fees.
- Easy Immigration, by providing a proof of financial solvency and sufficient guaranteed income, it is easy to obtain permanent residence in Mexico.
- Food, we have to mention food, fresh Mexican food, everyone loves an authentic taco, but there is so much more to Mexican cuisine to explore and enjoy.
- An active lifestyle, the area is surrounded by world class golf courses, watersports, tennis and fitness classes. Get back to nature and explore the ruins, cenotes, and the jungle. Enjoy Mexican culture as well as International events such as the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival.
- The biggest reason of all would be your quality of life and the low cost of living; you can retire earlier and live well here! Living on a fixed income or pension in Mexico offers you a better lifestyle.