How the COVID-19 Pandemic Changed the Way We Work
While working remotely has been commonplace in some countries, the COVID-19 pandemic saw workers across the globe working from home in unprecedented numbers. And while the pandemic has been devastating for millions, it has also created opportunities for improving the way we work and live. Let’s take a look at just a few of these benefits.
Benefits of Remote Work
– Shorter commute times: Depending on where you live, your commute may have consumed a few hours of your day – every day! Remote work means no commute. No commute means less wear and tear on your car, less money spent on gas, and in some cases, lower insurance rate.
– Saving money: Remote work means fewer or greatly reduced expenses. Why spend a fortune on work clothes, gas, car insurance, and Starbucks when you’re working from home?
– Improved work-life balance: Whether it’s the lack of a commute or the proximity to family and the things that are most important in your life, most remote employees find they are better able to balance their personal needs and their work requirements. Whether it’s doing a load of laundry while on a conference call or walking the dog on their lunch break, remote work can offer employees a connection to their personal lives that office life can’t.
– Working from anywhere: As the world opens up and people start traveling, more and more remote employees have the option to work from, well, wherever they can get a good internet connection! Many of us know people who are ‘digital nomads’. They work online from places like Tulum or Cabo San Lucas or wherever the good weather and great beaches happen to be!
– Increased job opportunities: Employers have also benefited greatly from remote work, including not having to limit where they hire their employees. Likewise, employees are no longer limited to employers that are within commuting distance or even in the same country.
At Mexlaw, we have seen an increase in clients who are buying properties all over Mexico, taking advantage of their remote work environment, the lower cost of living, and currency exchange rates. Young couples and families are finding the quality of life they had been searching for in beautiful locations like Tulum while not having to sacrifice their salary or standard of lifestyle. If you are interested in learning more about living in Mexico while working remotely, please contact the team at Mexlaw.