Safeguard Your Mexican Business by Hiring a Local Attorney and an Accountant
Foreigners considering relocating and doing business in Mexico are securing a head start on their retirement plan, why wait until you retire to move to paradise when you can make the move and still earn an income.
Making the decision to open a business in Mexico should involve consulting a local attorney, preferably a law firm like MEXLAW who is guided by international standards and experienced in Mexican legislation and regulations.
It is essential to hire two professionals when you start a business in Mexico, a local attorney, and a reputable accountant.
MEXLAW can provide both, expert legal advice and experienced business accountants to get your business idea up and running and ensure you have the support to navigate through Mexico’s legal hurdles and tax reporting system.
Benefits of Hiring a Legal Team:
- Immigration services
- Honest, open communication
- Provide essential assistance in almost every aspect of your business
- Trademark and copyright registration
- Corporate books, certificate for capital assets and sales
- Registration with the Public Registry of Property and Commerce
- Zoning compliance
- Drafting commercial contracts
- Negotiating with other companies, you may do business with
- Incorporating your business and registering it with the Mexican authorities
Foreigners who are investing in Mexico may find the accounting and tax system daunting, but there are services available to help you work through the government requirements and taxation responsibilities of being a business owner in Mexico.
You should be aware of Mexico’s strict labor laws and the obligations that come with being an employer in Mexico. The labor laws are quite different in Mexico; employers have many responsibilities for employees and the laws tend to favor the employee over the business owner.
The best way to ensure compliance with the government and employees is to hire an accounting team. In-house accounting services prepare and file your business taxes and advise on the preparation and reporting under the Foreign Investment Law (LIE) and Regulations.
Experienced accountants are prepared to meet the needs of their clients in all areas of accounting and tax matters, with the ability to process information for your corporation, prevent tax implications and also realize benefits for your company.
Advantages of Using an Accounting Service:
- Be informed of the financial situation of the company
- Assistance with corporate decision-making
- Control of resources invested in the company
- Avoid penalties and fines for noncompliance
Accounting Services Available Regarding:
- Real Estate Accounting for the acquisition of condominiums, or rentals
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- Accounting for companies that carry out trade operations
- Condominiums, monitoring committee and administrators
- Auditing and corporate counseling
Technical Assistance Available:
- RFC (Clave en el Registro Federal de Contribuyentes)
- Issuing legal invoices
- Paying taxes
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Income tax (ISR)